Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Morning Read

Dashing today. San Diego is as wet as the news says, but no mudslides near me so far. Your morning reads:
  • You're my bestest friend, too! Bush appoints another buddy from Texas (and in this case, Harvard) to his inner circle. Pretty soon he'll have the whole frat! Wait until Condi sees these guys running around the Oval in tu-tus, smacking each other with wooden paddles. "Hey, Hubbs, Karly brought beer!"

  • Gutless. On the day CBS ditches four senior news folks over Memogate Andy Rooney has it right:
    The people on the front lines got fired while the people most instrumental in getting the broadcast on escaped.
    And on this day what does Dan Rather, paragon of TV journalism, do? He stays home. What he should have done was take his chair and report the story to the world. But I guess he's used to making discretionary choices about what he does and does not report. He needs to learn something from Eleanor Roosevelt:
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' ... You must do the things you think you cannot do.
    Ol' Dan still thinks courage is chaining himself to a hotel balcony during a hurricane. He's wrong, and yesterday, he was a coward.

  • Keep and eye on Kaktovik. And hope for the best.

  • The next blog: Astrochango. I don't know what it is, but I like it.
Good day to you all.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger astrochango said...

Hey... thanx for the visit, I don't know what yours is either but I like it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home