Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hurry Up And Wait

Hurry Up And Wait

O'Hare is closed for fog, abd here I sit in San Diego. Been on the plane
since 6:30 am PST-we'll not depart until at least 9:40.

Travel hint for you: When in this situation, piss as early and as often as
possible. After 6 or 7 hours those toilets get full, and you DON'T want to
go in there.

You're welcome.

For a while I could see the Marine recruits doing morning KP at Camp
Pendleton (right next to the airport). Out for a run on a sunny San Diego
morning. If for only an hour, I'd love to join them.

There are also two big carriers in the bay. Around much of the country, I
see few reminders that we're at war. Here the military is everywhere, and
it reminds me how fortunate I am to have so many fine men and women
willing to throw themselves into the breach.

So God speed, Marines and sailors. Be well, be safe, and thanks.
___
Sent via my Treo 600

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for clarification, Camp Pendleton is up by Oceanside. You were seeing the Marine Corps Recriut Depot which is adjacent to the airport in San Diego.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home