Thursday, January 06, 2005

Aaaaaand We're Back

Back from vacation, back at work, back on the road, and at the moment, back in Minneapolis, where the temperature is back to 6 degrees above zero.

Cold enough to freeze the snot right in your nose, it is.

For what it's worth, my picks for the Auburn / V. Tech and USC/OSU games were V. Tech +5 1/2 (which covered) and USC -1 (which covered thirty times over). These picks not only won me some cold frosty beverages from others, they also took my record to two games over 500: 12-10. As J points out in the comments, I was much better at picking the dogs--8-3--than the other way 'round.

Live and learn (and, it seems, bet my dogs).

As for now, I'm in Minny today then back home for the weekend as I ramp up for a month that will take me to San Diego, Chicago, Washington D.C., Barcelona, and Chicago (again). So there are lots of stories (and pictures) to come.

And speaking of stories, I've already booked one for 2005: my flight into Minny next to a Minnesota Viking, a guy who's been in the league for eight years. Lots to share about that conversation, including this tid-bit: the league minimum salary for someone in the NFL for 8 years? $660,000. (I prefer to think of it as $40,000 a week). Lot of PlayStation games, that is.

Until later, keep warm.

Oh ... and here's the next blog: The Bitch Speaks.

6 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Charley Foster said...

I lived 15 years in the mini-apple, and I got news - six above, if the wind is not blowing, is warm. But the people are friendly and the beer-serving establishments are plentiful.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Charlie. Six above ain't nothin'. Be thankful you weren't there the week Christmas. And that you're not in an airport on the east coast trying to fly to the midwest right now.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger C said...

Oops. That was me. It's a good thing I'm only on my second gin and tonic after being here for four hours.

CB

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger j said...

freeze the snot right in your nose? now THERE'S a pick worth betting on.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Everett said...

C, people drinking gin & tonics in airport bars should not blog, just as people on ludes should not drive.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger C said...

That's me...living on the wild side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home