Friday, December 10, 2004

Who Are These People, 2.0

Greetings from gate F10 at Chicago O'Hare. Waiting for my flight (delayed ... there are clouds in the sky over Chicago today, which means delays) ... the heat's on today, so it's about 90 degrees in here.

The hot and crowded environment has surfaced another "who are these people?" pet peeve for me: people who say their email aloud as they type. The woman next to me is doing this right now ... "D e a r B o b I f y o u w a n t ..."

Another example of people confusing public and private space. YO! LADY!!! You're not in your office!

I blame cell phones and VCRs ... more about this later. For now, more silent emailing from me ...

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Charley Foster said...

What I hate is people who hold their cell phones horizontally out in the air a few inches from their faces with the butt-end of the phone facing their mouths and they walk along hollering into the ass end of their phones. It's rude in two ways. One, you're hollering. In public. I don't let my seven-year-olds holler in public places unless its a play ground. Two, is it like nothing the person on the other end has to say could possibly be worth hearing? You're holding the phone away from your ear and yelling into it. You can't hear them if they try to tell you, for instance, "stop yelling in my ear, please."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home